Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 57: The Streak is Over

Well, I made it about 4 days shy of 13 months not having a Utah companion, but that streak is now over. Elder Winnie is from Sandy Utah, so right in the heart of it! We came out together so it' s been pretty fun. He loves sports, so just from that you know that we get along really well. Hopefully we can get the work in Beaumont back on its feet now.
So it finally snowed more than a centimeter this week and winter hit just like that! It was +10 the day before, and when we woke up, it was -10 with a couple of inches of snow on the ground. So we have been able to do lots of snow removal service. I also got to drive in it for the first time (due to the fact that I was in a walking area for the entirety of last winter) and it was so fun! Kinda sketchy but fun. It's now been a couple of days and I haven't even crashed yet. And I won't, because that would really suck.
Transfer meeting was super funny and interesting. Of course Elder Leyerle was going home, so he got to give his departing testimony and it was everything I had hoped and dreamed for. It started with "sister .... you look fine!" The whole place erupted in laughter and he turned super red and explained thats not what he meant, but it was super funny. He then proceeded to give his testimony and threw in some hallelujahs and praise the Lord. I"m gonna miss his evangelical spirit!
Scripture of the week is 1 Nephi 17:13 " 13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led."
as well as 1 Cor. 15:55-58 "55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."

As we keep the commandments of god, and follow the living day prophets, we will be led during our life on earth and we won't need to worry about death having sting, or grave getting the victory because we will know without a doubt that Jesus is the Christ and through him we have the victory.

Keep it real,

Elder W.Chad Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment