Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week 67: Transfer Calls!

So transfer calls were today, and we got one, which is good because I packed about half way last night. I am going to serve in the Mill Creek YSA as a Zone Leader! My companion is going to be Elder Monks, and i have only heard good things about him, so I am super excited! 

We had a pretty great week that was filled with short sleeves and great weather. It was consistently +5 all week so it felt super good. But I have a feeling that February will be a pretty rough month, but we will see. We had some exciting experiences this week with tracting in the freezing rain. That was fun. We pulled out our dance moves we didn't even know we had as we were slipping everywhere! but neither of us went down, sure we wobbled a bit, but we did not go down!  We got in some good service this week as well with chipping ice off a coupe of drive ways. I should have taken a pic, but the ice was a solid 6 inches. But service always makes you feel great afterwards no matter what it is.

We had our open house for our chapel this past weekend and it was a success. In total, over 220 people went through and about 170 of them were non members so that was amazing. We are really excited about the potential of this area even though I am leaving. We had the dedication for the building last night which was also a cool experience. it was the first one I have been to (or at least the first I paid any attention to) the spirit was super strong there and the work will for sure hasten here in Beaumont.

Quote of the week is from Joseph Smith, talking to people who said they wouldn't persecute the church if they were to ever go away from it. "you don’t know what you would do. No doubt these men once thought as you do. Before you joined this Church you stood on neutral ground. … When you joined this Church you enlisted to serve God. When you did that you left the neutral ground, and you never can get back on to it. Should you forsake the Master you enlisted to serve, it will be by the instigation of the evil one, and you will follow his dictation and be his servant’”

Scripture of the week is Alma 5:49 " 49 And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again.
Pretty self explanatory. I'm grateful for the time I have had to serve in Beaumont, to learn the things I have learned, and to meet the people I
have met. I know that the work here will hasten and that the people who accept our glad message will be blessed. I'm excited for what the future has in store for me.
Keep it real,
Elder W.Chad Thompson
One of the great families in the Beaumont ward. We always had a great time over here. The rest of the pictures will come next week. we took this one yesterday just in case since they are going on a 3 week vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment