Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week 68: Love the City

Hola,
Hope everybody s weeks was great! Our week was super busy. Lots of meetings and what not as a zone leader in the beginning of the month, so I'm super tired. But it has been fun. Nothing too crazy has happened in the zone yet, and we have really good missionaries in our zone so I'm not too worried. Our Zone overs about half of the Bonnie Doon stake and it goes all the way out to part of  Saskatchewan.
So my area is pretty big. we cover from the heart of Edmonton all the way to the east side of Sherwood Park. Not as big as an outlining area, but its a good size for the city. We cover the entire Bonnie Doon stake since we are YSA. Our apartment is down town in a high rise and we are on the 12 floor and it is basically the celestial apartment of the mission. We have a really nice gym in our apartment along with 2 washrooms and covered parking. We share it with 2 other missionaries, so it has been really fun. My first day here we got rear ended by some guy that wasn't paying attention, but thankfully there wasn't too much damage to the car. And something that really clicked this week for me, is the great dislike I have for cats. I just think they are super gross, and it's usually really dirty people that have cats. usually.
My companion is Elder Monks. He is from Mesa Arizona and he has been out for 20 months so hopefully I get to kill him off. he loves dirt bike racing, and I guess he is really good. He is a great guy and I love his sense of humor! We are going to have a great time together.

Scripture of the week is Ephesians 4:32 " 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you." Why should we be exempt from forgiving when God forgives us way more than we will ever forgive anybody who does any wrong to us. No matter the circumstances, we should always forgive everybody so we don't have to hold a grudge, because that's really not all that fun at all.
Have a great week!
Keep it real,
Elder W.Chad Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment