Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week 65: Facebook!

Hola,
Not a whole lot to write about this week, because I was sick, so really all I was focused on was waiting until the next time I could take DayQuil. But regardless, it was still a pretty good week. We had things to do every day, so I couldnt stay in waiting to die so that kinda sucked, but was kinda nice at the same time.

One of those things was our Zone Training Meeting which was ok, because we got the word to begin Facebook proselyting! Not going to lie, its been pretty weird. The first time my comp and I logged in (we have both been out for 15 months) we felt so disobedient. But I guess thats how the APs felt too and president manion just told them to get over it. so we have been doing the same haha. So they told us we could just deactivate our old accounts and make new ones, so we did. then they talked to Salt Lake and they said that was against facebook policy and we had to delete it. So if anybody was wondering, the old one is deleted and I've got a new one. I can't chat with y'all on there, but feel free to keep emailing me and we can talk on Mondays. It's been really cool to see the work progress even in the few days of having internet proselyting and we truly have been blessed with the advanced technology these days to share the gospel with all the world. Sure there is bad stuff, and lots of it, but the good that we can do with it far outweighs it.

Quote of the week comes from yesterday. We were eating lunch with a less active family and we got on the topic of basketball. So Elder Winnie told them to guess my favorite team and gave them the hint "it's the devils team" (he's a jazz fan, so...) so they guessed 5 teams before he just gave in and told them. Sad day for him haha, not everybody hates the Lakers :)

Scripture of the week is Genesis 39:9
 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
Joseph was an honorable man and knew the commandments of God, as we do. When temptation hit him right in the face and there was no side stepping it, he made a stand and stuck by that decision and he was eventually made a ruler and 2nd in command in all the land of Egypt because of his stand against immorality. As we follow his example, we too will be able to receive the blessings that God has in store for us.

Keep it real,
Elder W.Chad Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment