Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lacking Heat and Warmth and all other Manner of noncoldness


So I was reading through my journal from this last week and the word I used to describe one day works well for the week as a whole. It was hellish. Not much happened and it was super cold all week so we really couldn't go out much. Plus I was sick for a majority of the week and even lost a couple pounds. So that wasn't very good. I haven't gained anything since I have been out so that wasnt fun. But this week will be better.
We did get one potential this week that will turn into a potential. I'll give you one guess as to what ethnicity she is.... east indian. but thats ok. I'll just pick up an accent like that :) We also had fast sunday this last week and it was good. It started off a little shaky, but it picked up. I woke up hungry and thirsty but I got through it and it was great!
We visited with the Siakaluks this week, and his parents lived in Calgary so they know grandma and grandpa. Brother Siakaluk also is familiar with the Stouffer family so that was cool. Plus he always gives me sports updates!
This week I came across the parable of the unprofitable servant and it directly applies to us as missionaries. We shouldn't need blessings for doing this work and shouldnt expect any. Sure we will be blessed but we shouldn't be expecting them. we are in God's debt and should serve him all the way through.
For those of you that are going through a hard time, just consider Elder Holland's talk "Lessons learned from Liberty Jail". This quote is great " When we promise to follow the Savior and to walk in his footsteps, and be his disciples, we are promisiing to go where that divine path leads us. and the path of salvation has always led one way or another through Gethsemane...However heavy our load is, it would be a lot heavier if the Savior hadn't gone that way before us and carried the burden with us and for us."
And the quote of the week comes from the Siakaluk house and it is framed-" This house runs on love and diet coke" where Brother Siakaluk jokingly said "except the diet coke comes first, right babe? That's what brings the love!"
Keep it real,
Elder Thompson
Elder Allen and Elder Thompson - Elder Allen got transferred this week

Elder Laulu and Elder Thompson - Elder Laulu got transferred this week

Drawing by sister missionary I confounded

No comments:

Post a Comment