Sunday, March 16, 2014

Summoning the Inner Spidey Senses


This week was super fun filled with a lot of funny experiences. We went on exchanges this week and I was with Elder Bowles in their area. We were walking and we stepped onto the street  and he slipped and almost fell and caught himself so I started laughing. Right after, I started slipping a lot... like cartoon banana peel status like 5 times consecutive before I caught myself. So then we both started laughing  super hard and the best part was on the other side of the street there was a high school aged girl that was trying super hard not to laugh. This all happened in the middle of a busy street and I swear I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time. I was crying and my side hurt we were laughing so hard. We also had a really interesting training at Zone Conference as well. It was "Finding Your Eternal Companion...Eventually" Haha not sure why Sister Manion thought we needed that one but whatever it was good anyways. It's cool how many things a mission will prepare you for.
Some beautiful things happened this week. Spring has finally hit (i think) so I'm not freezing all the time, and I was introduced to smore pizza. It's a waffle with a layer of chocolate chips and a layer of marshmallows that you throw all together and put in the oven. Then you put ice cream and caramel on top. It is sooooo goood. I also hit some lows this week as far as meals. I resorted to eating a Donair for breakfast. Not going to lie I kinda liked it... and honestly how many people can say they have had a donair for breakfast??? we also hit a low for dinners this week. we got 1...
We were able to pick up 2 new investigators this week though that are somewhat solid. They of course asre east indian as well. I know you are supposed to love all the people but I'm kinda getting sick of their b.o. becasue they dont wear deodorant and they also smell like curry. But I'm sure I'll get over it. Being bold in lessons and talking to people is definitely important. People see and realize that what we have is important. so we are trying to be more bold all the time.
This week in my studies, i came across a couple of parables. The first is the parable of the laborers where some go out and work all day and get payed the same as the people who are hired on later in the day. We all get the same salvation, if we repent and join our wills with God's early in life or late. we all get payed the same if we all continue to endure to the end. The other was something that actually happened but can be used as a parable as well. It is when Jesus Christ strikes down the fig tree. He and his disciples are traveling and are hungry and see a fig tree that is full of leaves. When a fig tree is full of leaves, it is supposed to be full of fruit as well because the fruit blossoms or whatever come before the leaves. So Jesus Christ is upset and strikes it down to teach the apostles. What I got from that is the tree is like a hypocrite who Jesus does not like at all. He has said that there are those who draw close the him with their lips but not their hearts. we can't be all showy when we aren't acting on what we preach. So don't be a hypocrite.
Quote of the week comes from a member named Shirley. She told us a story about how she was stopped at the border "I am a native american!!!! there is no border, get the hell out of the way!" She is native and she isn't afraid to tell ya. She had a lot of other funny quotes but, well, let's just say they weren't the most appropriate ;)
Keep it Real,
Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment