Sunday, April 20, 2014

Good Change



So, I really like my new area. Just saying. We actually have people to teach and the members are involved! Weird how they go hand in hand eh? But moving really does suck. so much packing and trying to make everything fit. I have come to the realization that you aquire a lot of crap on the mish. Plus I am going to miss my buddies from my last area and it was a gong show getting up here with the 7 1/2 hour drive. But it is worth it. This area is the land of milk and honey! Even with all the weird people here!

I am serving in a ward and very small ysa, so we get to go to activities for both. and the weird people, well they come from the ysa, but you learn to love them anyway eh? If not than it is not going to be anyfun. But I am excited for the time I have here. We have a pretty full schedule of lessons pretty much everyday and we have a lot of progressing investigators that actually enjoy meeting with us. We met with one girl the other day and her family and they want us to teach her 3 times a week! we were like ummm yeah that sounds great! So this area is doing realy well. I even have a first cousin once removed or something like that up here. He came up to me and told that he was my mom's cousin. So that's weird. Guess I can't mess around now eh?

This week I had some pretty good studies, even with all the packing and unpacking and what not. I read in 1 Nephi about the Liahona and something really stood out to me. It talked about how the liahona only worked according to the faith and diligence of the people using it. it didnt say it worked according to the faith of lehi only, or nephi only, but all the people. That means that Laman and Lemuel did have faith in God at one point. That goes to show that we have to constantly be nourishing and exercising our faith in order to keep it. If you don't do the little things like reading the scriptures, praying, going to church, etc., you are going to lose it. It's like teeth, if you ignore it, it will go away. I also like the part in preach my gospel about bearing testimony often. It wasn't anything new that I learned, just re-emphasizing this point. The testimony won't have any power if it doesnt come from the heart, even with whatever volume of voice you want. It comes from the conviction of your heart. I thought about how Elder Holland gets pretty loud sometimes, but when he does, so does his conviction. So I just thought that was pretty cool.

Quote of the week comes from a kid named Colby, who is in YSA. We were eating at a restaurant and me and my comp got the hot wings. He went on to say" Oh I could do that." and then in a robotic voice, he said "Come. at. me. bro........challenge.accepted." and then he said "but I'm getting the steak bites." hhaha good times up in the middle of no where!

If anyone would like to send me a parcel of any sorts, send it to #308 9115 93A St. Fort Saint John, B.C. V1J5V4 Canada

Thanks for all  the birthday wishes, those of you that sent them.

Keep it real,

Elder Thompson
The Harveys - Brother Harvey is a boss!  One of the only people up here who is a Lakers fan.

The Andersons


The Pattersons

Last night in Millwoods

Canadians love their trucks!
The Ords (minus Sister Ord)

No comments:

Post a Comment