Monday, April 7, 2014

Lovely Meadows


Finally my time is up in Meadows and I'm getting transferred to Ft. St. John in British Colombia! I'm super stoked especially since they have like 12 investigators and 9 of them going to church. My new comp is Elder Merkely and he lived in the same apartment complex as me for 3 months and he is super chill. Plus I get to see my trainer once a month and Zone Training Meetings! So I'm super excited. Great Birthday gift. Weird to think that Elder Russo( that feels weird to say) will have been out for 6 months on Wednesday! Crazy! But I have learned a lot from this area that I will share later.
General Conference was sooooo good! I was pondering why I loved it so much, and what I came up with is that we didn't have to go tracting... haha jk thats not all. I guess as a missionary we are just more focused. Because never before did I sit there for every single session and enjoy it like I did this weekend. I'd share my favorite talk with you and why but that's just simply impossible because I like a lot. I really enjoyed Elders Holland, Anderson, Eyring (as well as priesthood) Nelson, Oaks priesthood (because he just threw down!) Hallstrom, Uchtdorf(as well as priesthood) Monson(as well as priesthood), Ballard, Bednar, Christofferson( who is coming to the millwoods stake which I am now leaving...) so yeah I really like a lot of them and it would be too hard to pick a favorite.
But since I am leaving my greenie area, I'll share what I learned here. Basically in a nut shell, I learned hard work pays off. We had an area with well off people who most were east Indian and didn't speak great English but we were still able to teach some and fill our day with meaningful activities. I also learned that east Indians are really nice people. sure they don't speak our language but that doesn't mean they aren't human, they are just different and have a different culture. I also learned that if Our Purpose is at the center of our hearts each and everyday, there will never, be a bad day. As we focus on those we have been called to serve, we will enjoy each and every moment.
And there was another funny quote from Elder Ripley this week, likely the last of the companionship. We were at the English family's home that we moved in and the dad was going to take a shower. He was complaining about the loose bolts on the shower door and then was closing the door when Elder Ripley said and this is all he said, "Let me know if you need anything, I love to do that sort of thing" Let me reiterate that was said as the door was being closed to take a shower. Wrong timing my friend haha. The rest of the family was cracking up for a good 5 minutes. One comment was "What, are you gonna get his backside too" haha good times. But, those sorta things happen to the best of us.
Well my time In Meadows has come to an end and I am excited to start my new adventure in British Columbia! Hope all is going well wherever you are!
Keep it real, 
Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment