Saturday, August 8, 2015

Just Don't Drop the Soap

Hello everyone, hope you all had a good week.

This week was pretty good for us, not a whole lot to talk about though.

We got to go on exchanges this past week! It was a nice breath of fresh air, that's for sure. I went with Elder Gilbert in Lloydminster for the day. He is from New Zealand and he enjoys baseball just as much as I do! So that was pretty cool. For morning workouts we borrowed some gloves from members and bought a baseball and had a good throw around. It definitely felt like the first time in 2 years! But it was really great.

For the past couple of weeks, the branch council asked us to share a lesson on the sabbath day with all the members, so we have been basing it off of Russel M. Nelsons talk from this past conference "The Sabbath is a Delight" which is an awesome talk. My favourite line from the talk is "What sign do I want to give to God?" And that is all we have to ask ourselves for what is appropriate for the sabbath. Sharing this message with people has created a greater desire for me to follow that commandment a bit better.

So this week we were trying to find and talk to the 3 solid potential families in this area, so we drove out a ways to where one lived and found out that the dad is in jail, and the rest of the family is in Red Deer... So that was a bummer. But hopefully we will be able to find more solid potentials this week.

Scripture of the week is John 7:17
"17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."
You mean it's that easy? To know the doctrine you just have to test it out? To know the Book of Mormon is true you just need to read it sincerely with real intent? I don't know, try it and you tell me :)

Anyways, that's all I've got.
Keep it real,
Elder W.Chad Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment